Friday, October 29, 2010

Weekend

The Wahoo Friends of the Library book sale is tomorrow, if you're a local. Wahoo has one of the best on-going sales I've ever seen (I always find something) and I encourage you to go have a look. While you're in Wahoo, stop at the Warehouse Surplus for bulk yeast, flour, and other baking items. Then, go over to the Sun Mart and tell the creepy guy who works there to stop oogling me. *shudders* Then, go see the Saunders County Museum, or the historic County building next door. Don't speed through town though-the place is a notorious speed-trap.

So I finally finished Danny's costume. It looks good, complete with Medusa head, reflective shield, scythe, winged helmet, and winged sandals. The tunic worked out pretty decent, considering I was working with an old satin pillowcase, and a scarf. If anyone had told me ten years ago that I'd be spending weeks gluing mylar to cardborad, and sewing feathers on tinfoil, I would have laughed. Actually, if you told me that I'd be living in the same county as a town called, Wahoo-I'd have bust my gut. Oh well, here we are, Mylar and the Midlands. Wahoooooo.

We're all fighting off colds at this point (or really horrible allergies-I guess we'll know after the hard frost this weekend) and I just want to get through the weekend so I can collapse. Because of Danny's allergies, I had to go out and get "safe" nut-free candy to swap him for all the stuff he's bound to get. Tootsie Rolls (and pops) are made in a nut-free facility, which is great. So are Dare crackers. Oh, I know, you're thinking, "What kid wants a box of expensive crackers for Halloween?" My kid. No really, Vinta crackers and Bretons are a million times better than Tootsie Rolls and Dots in Danny's World. Toss in some decent cheese, and that kid will have the best Halloween ever. He'd better have the best Halloween ever, because I've been making this costume for what seems like ages. Oh dear god-just let Halloween be over already, so I can start worrying about his Birthday.

Don't stare directly at the Gorgon!

No comments: