Friday, November 05, 2010

No Wonder He's So Happy

A new report finds men are happier when they participate in housework, and spend time with the children.

I can't believe they needed a study to confirm this. The day of layabout partners came and went some time ago, did it not? I've always considered myself extraordinarily fortunate to have a husband that enjoyed being a father to his child, and didn't need to be asked to spend time with him, or helping out around the house for that matter. Still, I would think, even if they didn't quite approach the task with enthusiasm, men would want to be participants in the family beyond sitting before the television. Again, perhaps I've been spoiled by a thoughtful, helpful, attentive husband.

Really, why become a father if you don't care to spend time with your children? Seems so bleedin' obvious.

No comments: