Tuesday, December 14, 2010

From The Archives-Orange Slices In Bourbon

You still have time to make these for a nice Christmas gift.


Last evening, I made giant sugar cookies of the Mask of Agamemnon, on sticks. I frosted them, and sprinkled them with edible gold glitter. Tonight, after Danny goes to sleep, I'll pipe on the details. All that is left to do are the cakes themselves, which (I hope) will be pretty straightforward.

I used to complain that the holiday season went on forever, starting before Thanksgiving-I no longer think that. Having a child with a birthday five days before Christmas turns the month of December into a huge marathon, and I find myself wishing I had a couple more weeks to go. Anyway, the finish line is in sight. The quilt was completed last evening, and it looks super after the first wash this morning. I used a low-loft batting as Danny prefers layers of thin blankets to one heavy one (just like his mama!). Now he has yet another quilt to kick off the bed in the middle of the night.

Sleep...must....have...sleep....

No comments: