Saturday, October 29, 2011

Festive Fruitcakes/Holiday baking

I'm going to gear-up the Festive Fruitcakes blog again this year to post holiday recipes from my (too) large collection of vintage/historical cookery books. Last year, I limited it to the Christmas cakes, but this year I'd like to include puddings, biscuits and candies.

I'll remind people from time to time, but I would love to have your additions to it. Send the recipe to me, or make it, post it, and I'll get up a link. We'll figure out a way to make it work.

While some people find holiday baking stressful, I consider it therapeutic. Feel free to direct your holiday baking questions to me as well, and I'll do my best to give you a helpful answer (or admit I don't know).

I know it seems early, but Christmas cakes and puddings really do require time to properly mature (like the ones I have preserved from last year!) and by the start of November, that window begins rapidly closing. It is also time to begin food gifts (preserves, candies, etc.) and making the cards. Can you tell I really enjoy this sort of thing?

No comments: