Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Any Sweeter and We'd All Be Diabetic




I baked three different batches of honey cakes for the high holidays. They're ready to be handed off, frozen, shipped around the country, and a couple internationally. It was an insane amount of work, but Danny helped a great deal, and we got a good home economics lesson out of it. I'll post the recipes in a couple days after the cakes have had a chance to mature, because I can't really judge their result until they do. One recipe had me pouring warmed honey over the cakes halfway through baking. I thought it would be a terrible mess, but it was beautiful. Because I baked them in my mini pudding moulds, they really looked like sticky toffee pudding when they came out of the oven.

I'll try to get the update by the weekend so you have a chance to bake some for yourself.

No comments: