Saturday, August 17, 2013

Struck Gold at the Goodwill-another good thrifting haul

 
 The colours are better than my kitchen lighting would have you believe.

 
 I'm from Illinois-I can't pass up a piece of Hagger Pottery


 
Or enamelware.

The Hagger piece is destined for my upstairs vanity as a catch-all for pins, and what-nots.


I don't know why, but the Goodwill in Council Bluffs, Iowa always has the best bargain jewelry, and vintage shoes. It was unbelievable-I spent .$49.00 and came home with eight pairs of incredible vintage shoes (t-straps, Pilgrim buckles, the craziest silver pumps I've ever seen in my life-the shoes will be a later post)Hagger Pottery (another addiction of mine) a painted, enameled casserole, and bangle bracelets. The giant, carved celluloid pink one was three bucks. The Lucite and black glitter was two. I resisted looking for clothes, but good heavens, they had astoundingly good stuff this trip.


Who decorates the bottom of a pot? Swedes, I guess. Isn't it adorable?

Shoe post to follow.


No comments: