Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Animal Print Boots



I'm not modeling these today, as I still don't know what to wear them with but here they are in all their glory. For heels like that, they are easy enough to walk in. The boots are tall (on me, 'caus I'm not) and come well over the knee. Maybe I need some zebra print leggings to complete the look.

The shoes and boots were all 1/2 price at the Goodwill, so these came to $7.00 Additionally, I get a "discount" (no, not the one they give for being old-you have to be 65 for that one) for being a teacher, which knocks an extra 10% off each item I purchase. I never thought I'd be the sort of person that got excited by an additional discount at the thrift store, but I come from a long line of cheapskates-I had an Aunt that would bring her morning tea bag to a restaurant, and order a pot of hot water. I haven't done that yet, but I was happy to pick up these brand-new, unworn boots so inexpensively.

The boots are lined, which is nice as the winters are pretty harsh here. They're made of a soft, almost velvet flocked material that I hope won't cling to whatever I wear them with.

Of course, they are only a bargain if I wear them, so off to study the wardrobe for something (un)suitable.

No comments: