Saturday, September 14, 2013

I Wanted This Dress to be My Favourite...

...alas, it was not to be. The waist sits too low to be Empire, and too high to be natural. A belt is impossible (unless I sew on loops)with it, and though I'll still wear it for the lovely print, it won't be my favourite. Bummer.
 


Outfit Particulars:

Dress: ASOS, clearance
Tights: Shop-Ko
Belt: Express, circa 1990
Shoes: ? Can't remember-newish
Handbag: Thrifted

I rarely wear my hair straight as I did today, and looking at the photographs I can see why. This dress did make me realise I can wear a shorter length, so long as the waist isn't screwy like this one. Maybe with leggings and a cardigan I will like the dress better.

Hey, at least the shoes are nice.

The heat is finally letting up, and there's enough cool (if not chill) to wear tights. Today was sunny and beautiful, but we're expecting rain this evening. That's OK. After the summer we've had, rain is welcome.
 

 

 
 
 How about some Art Deco photos from Omaha? These stained glass windows are lovely.
 And the fountain.
 Some lovely sconces.

No comments: