Saturday, October 19, 2013

1970's Pants Suit

(Click photos to enlarge)

"Pants" are what we call trousers in America, so stop snickering. I bought this lovely set last weekend at Thrift World for a few dollars (like three and some change). I wasn't sure it would fit (I'm still not sure it does) but I knew the glass buttons would be worth at least that much, so I bought it. Taking the suit out for a spin around Omaha today, I was glad I did. Oh the evil eye people will give you when you wear something like this! You'd think wandering the public library, and then Big Lots would be two places you could comfortably go looking like a freak, but it was not so. "How dare you have fun?!" seems to be the subtext. Well fun I DID have, and by the time we got to the Goodwill I was feeling great. No one gave me the stink-eye at Goodwill because come on...Goodwill! It also turns out, the beige wall outside the store is a great location for snaps. That seems appropriate, given most of my clothes come from there.
Dark lippy! A bit too vampire for my complexion I'm afraid.

Why do all my clothes look like they could have been upholstery in 1972? I blame the Retro TV channel, and Mary Tyler Moore. I have to go have an argument with Mr. Grant now.

Well, yeah...I don't know what I was thinking when I bought the bag either. It goes with the pants suit though.
I bought the two bangles a while back, and put them in the glovebox of Mr. ETB's car. I found them today, searching for a pair of sunglasses. I love happy surprises like that-and they matched.

Outfit Particulars:

Pants Suit: Thrift World, Millard
Bangles: (Goodwill, I think)
Bracelet: Kohl's
Polo Neck Bodysuit: The Limited circa 1982 (The best thing I ever bought there, hands down)
Shoes: thrifted
Handbag: Can't remember
Earrings: Thrifted

 

No comments: