Thursday, October 31, 2013

Barmbrack 2013



We ate the brac after the boys came back from trick or treating. I stayed home to answer the door-we had a total of two visits, and one was a repeat visitor! What in the world is wrong with this city? The boys came home with about ten pieces of candy, and some information about buying insurance from the local agent who lives across the way. At least it wasn't a religious tract, and she did hand out candy as well.

I guess everyone went to the, "safe" trick or treating at the mall.

Anyway, we cut into the brac, and I got the coin (wealth), Danny got the ring (guess I need to start planning the wedding) and Mr. ETB got the cloth (poverty) so I guess I need to start looking for a job as well. We all agreed that it was better than the Christmas cake I make every year, and I don't see any reason it couldn't have a few more fruits and spices (and booze) to be transformed into something else. We'll see.

Hope you had more than two beggars at the door for candy tonight. Cripes, what am I going to do with all that candy?

No comments: