Sunday, October 20, 2013

Late 60's or Early 70's Maxi Skirt

This skirt is so long, "Maxi" seems like a weak description. It also had a very high slit at the side, which I partially sewed closed. It is still a rather high slit, but no longer indecent.

What you can't see well in the photos is the fabric-it has a iridescent sparkle to it. The material is very sheer, so it needs either a long slip, or dark tights. I went for the tights.

The sweater has silver threads as well, but it probably wasn't the best thing to wear with it. I used to wear an oversized black polo neck with this, maybe I should stick to a winning combination. The skirt is so formal looking, it really needs something to counter it.

 
 
I just wanted you to see my crappy parting job. Not really, but here's a photo anyway.
 
The lovely red wall I'm posed beside is in the library entry, along with this spectacular piece of art.

Outfit Particulars:

Skirt: Thrifted several years ago signed, "Bernairdo"
Handbag: Circa mid-90's, retail
Shoes: retail a few years ago
Bracelet: I made it!
Earrings: Thrifted
Rings: Stuff I had since the 70's (spoon rings, anyone?)
Top: Can't remember

No comments: