Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thrifted-Turtles

Updated: We've figured out (with help from the internet) that Raam was Ride Across America, and the dates and places on the turtles kind of fit that with them ending in Savannah. So that's interesting.

I have a hard time walking away from collections. The owner obviously put a great deal of time, effort, and thought into collecting these turtles, and it breaks my heart that they ended up in a five dollar bag at Thrift World. I had to bring them home.

I suppose the owner may have died, and the person left to sort matters out didn't think to turn the figurines over to read details. Danny already had a carved turtle his great grandfather made (and some other figures) so these will put him well on the way to an interesting collection. I wish we knew more about them.

No comments: