Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black and White 60's Maxi Skirt


I knew you'd want an out-of-focus picture of me purchasing a couple bars of soap, so I had Mr. ETB grab a photo. Now we all know I use Yardley Lavender soap. When I was a child the bars were milled much harder, and had an attractive green colour to it with an oval shape. It was something my mother bought me as a special gift, as it was much more expensive than Dial. I liked Pears quite a bit at the time as well, but that was a real luxury item. The new bars of Yardley don't last as long as they used to, but still do better than most of the commercial brands. I haven't seen Lux in a million years, but I'm told it still exists. I like to keep bars of soap in my shoe cupboard (yes, I have one devoted to shoes) because sometimes, when I open the door, it smells like feet. I'm over-sharing, eh? Anyway, the lavender soap does the trick. I'm sure a box of baking soda would as well, but I'd knock that shit over, and have a mess. Cedar, moth flakes, air fresheners all smell worse than feet. I'm sure you can guess that Yardley isn't paying me to promote their product, seeing how I just admitted buying it to mask foot odour in the cupboard, but just for the record, I'm not being compensated in any way by Yardley. It does mask foot odour though-really, it does!

It was a long day, but at the end, Danny came home with his first goldfish. Her name is, Sunshine. Obviously he wasn't interested in any of my naming suggestions, which is probably for the best.

Outfit Details:

The only thing worth mentioning here is the maxi skirt. It is very long-I had to roll the waistband several times, and wear 4 inch heels to keep from cleaning up the floors with it. I purchased it a few weekends ago at Thrift World, for just a few dollars. I like it, but I'm not sure what I could wear with it other than a polo neck. The line of the skirt is so dramatic (and wide) it should probably have a closer fitting top to keep me from looking like a triangle, though I'm afraid it would just end up bell-like. Maxi skirts are hard to wear when you're 5'2", but that hasn't stopped me trying.

No comments: