Tuesday, November 19, 2013

In A Belted Coat, I Secretly Knew That I Hadn't A Clue

 
 
I wasn't sure about this jacket, but I received several compliments from people that I suspect didn't know it was from the 70's. Marty Gutmacher was a brand that catered to old ladies, and most of the jackets came with matching elastic waist pants. Sadly, this was a solo purchase, but you can be sure I'll be checking Ebay to complete the set.
 I paid .99 cents for the jacket and figured at worst, I could harvest the cool buttons if it didn't fit. It fits, though it really needs a long skirt. I tried it with a knee length brown pleated skirt, and I looked like a gourd. I finally settled on this longer skirt, and now I look like a gourd with an elongated stem, which is better, as gourds go.

 

 This cameo is plastic, but that doesn't stop people from thinking it is real. To me it looks quite fake, but as part of an overall outfit, maybe it comes across better.
 

 Outfit Particulars:
1970's Polyester Jacket-Thrift World
Polo-neck Bodysuit-The Limited, 80's
Skirt-Jordan Marsh (RIP) 90's
Shoes: K-mart
Earrings-Von Maur
Bracelets-assorted thrift stores
Plastic Cameo-thrifted


No comments: