Saturday, May 03, 2014

Handbag Gold

I struck gold at the Hand-Me-Ups store today.
 How cute is that?
 Almost too perfect to use. This will be a purse I use sparingly.
That would have been a great find alone, but then I found this
 It has a few small stains on the back, but nothing I can't live with. The fabric is silky, but I think it is synthetic. The labels is Margaret Smith, Gardiner, Maine. A quick search of etsy indicates I did better than I realised, which is always nice.
Tomorrow, I'll show you the painted milk glass cookie jar I snagged for a song.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

The first bag is just so cute. I'm quite sure my daughter would want to grab it from me if I had it.

Connie said...

Wait a second. That purse has a little mirror in it? OMG. Too cute. Always wonderful things from you. Dunkin' Donuts coffee. What is their secret?

Curtise said...

Oh wow, both of these bags are wonderful, what great finds. Those box bags go for a fortune on Ebay - I think I'd be tempted to keep it for display or use it to store some jewellery - and the bird print bag is beautiful. Lucky you! xxx

Jayne H said...

Oooh, they are both lovely. I think, like Curtise, I'd be tempted to store jewellery in the box bag. Fabulous finds, that's the beauty of thrifting, you never know what you will find next.