Sunday, May 18, 2014

How to Wear White Trousers

 
This jacket struck about a million chords when I saw it at Thrift World last weekend. Obviously, the colours are great for me, but it reminds me the sort of thing my parents had as upholstery on the patio furniture as well. Then, I noticed the generous pockets, and it was a done deal-there was no possible way I could give this jacket a pass.
Earth tones with white works for me. My brown/green eyes and reddish complexion don't get lost in brown the way I do with other neutrals. Beige is no friend of mine, but give me brown and a little (not too much) black, and I have a combination to serve me for life.
Wearing neautrals also means you can do whatever the hell you want with your accessories. Gold, silver, white-it all works. Lippy becomes versatile as well. I'm wearing one of those crayon-type sticks in a bright coral shade, but red, or brown, or even pink would work.
Snakeskin is a neutral, right? Well it is now.
White before Memorial Day! Don't tell Serial Mom!
 
To minimise the effect of white on my bottom half, I grabbed a suitably large handbag for camouflage. Sure, it might look stupid carrying a bag behind my back but...hey, white trousers! Would ya look at the size of the purse on that one? Really, compare and contrast those photos.

That is how you make an envelope handbag, not these silly things they sell today that will hold a phone and a packet of gum if- that. No, I want a big-ass-vinyl-hold-everything piece of 1978. That's my idea of an envelope handbag. What can you disguise with the ones they sell today? A knee cap?
 
Outfit Particulars:

1970's zip-up jacket-Thrift World, Millard
White trousers-K Mart
Bracelets-Hand Me Ups, Goodwill
Rings-Everywhere
Wooden earrings-Shop-Ko
Shoes-K Mart
Black tank-Can't remember
1970's Pacific Connection handbag-Thrift World, 90th Street


We're still on the cool side here, but by mid-week is it expected to warm up. I filled the raised bed with dirt today, and hopefully I can get the tomatoes planted tomorrow-they already have small fruit forming just from growing on the windowsill.

Ah well, Sunday afternoon. Enjoy what's left of the weekend, and have a great week everyone.

 

3 comments:

Curtise said...

Now THAT, my friend, is a Clutch Bag! Isn't it fabulous? You could fit your whole head in it. Danny's too, probably. Anyway, I do agree that you look great in brown and white. And I don't think anyone really looks good in beige. Or they might look Ok, but could look much better in something else, that's for sure. Love the jacket, and yes, snakeskin is a neutral. Need you ask? As always, wonderful jewellery, and I hope your tomato planting is successful. xxxx

Goody said...

I think there's a movie called, "Eight Heads in a Duffel Bag."

Maybe I need to do a clutch bag send-up.

Sue said...

A strategically placed bag can be useful. I don't like my back view, but I don't have to look at it as it is, wait for it, 'behind me'!! You do those colours well and so know how to throw a fabulous outfit together.